Elly is a local who understands our issues
Elly grew up in the inner city and lives locally. She knows first-hand the pressures facing our growing community – from schools and childcare to health services, public transport, local libraries and public spaces.
Elly is passionate and progressive
As a public health researcher and active union member at the University of Sydney, Elly works and campaigns every day for a fairer, healthier and more equal society.
Elly will deliver for our community
Balmain has been ignored by the NSW Liberal Government for the past eight years. Elly will be a strong voice in a new Labor government who can:
- Protect our iconic local heritage like Callan Park and the Dawn Fraser Pool
- Value and invest in our world class hospitals and health system
- Deliver the crucial public transport infrastructure our area needs like the Sydney Metro West
- Respect First Nations Peoples and negotiate a Treaty as a priority
- Properly fund our schools and TAFE
- Invest in local community services including childcare and public libraries.